This simple protein powder chocolate pudding recipe came from a craving for a no-bake dessert while living with a bare pantry. Vanilla protein powder (generally artificially-sweetened) was the base for the dessert, making this a guilt-free, low-sugar snack or dessert with 34g protein per serving.
It can be made vegan with vegan protein powder and plant-based milk, or a traditional dairy version with whey protein powder and milk.
As a bonus, it whips together quickly which just a bowl and whisk (although it could be done in a blender or mixer with whisk attachment).
Makes 2 servings approximately 3/4 cup each.
- 6 oz milk or unsweetened plant-based milk (any kind)
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (vegan or whey)
- 3 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- In a large bowl (or blender/mixer), whisk together milk and protein powder until dissolved as much as possible. (It may not dissolve completely.)
- Add peanut butter and cocoa, and whisk until smooth.
- Divide into 2 bowls or ramekins and serve.
Nutritional information (will vary based on protein concentration and dairy vs. vegan): 492 calories, 21g fat, 48g carbohydrates and 34g protein.